Always dress to the occasion. A simple renown tip, but not always easy to apply when it comes to your garments you wear at work. Many professional protective clothing that’s on the market do not allow easy fit and interchangeable lining systems to adapt your garments to the seasons and the changing weather conditions.
Sioen Professional Protective clothing does
Our Sioen-PPC brand offers a smart ILS system (Interchangeable Lining System), where one outer layer can serve you at work all year round, winter-summer, in any weather condition. You just zip the thermal layers in and out of the jacket as you please. Many of these liners can be worn separately too. Having you prepared at all times!
Our ILS system is smart for 4 reasons:
- Layering this way is very practical; it allows you to be ready for all temperatures and weather conditions without having to change your entire outfit.
- Don’t forget the cost factor, which is very important, especially when we talk about specialty protective clothing for hazardous workplaces. The smart Sioen ILS system allows you to buy just 1 outer layer, apt for all seasons. By zipping the liners (can be a fleece, bodywarmer, softshell, …) in and out or by wearing them separately, you’re dressed for all seasons, keeping a perfect fit at all times.
- You simply can’t miss with our ILS system. You can’t put a regular polyester fleece under a highly protective anti-static arc jacket for instance, endangering yourself and the people working around you. The inherent zippers and combinations of liners and jackets offered in our ILS range simply prevent that.
- All our garments, including the ones of our ILS concept are made to last longer. This durability is better for you, your wallet and for the environment.
Besides all the above, dressing in layers is always smart.
Why dressing in layers is smart
Dressing in layers gives many advantages:
- First, simply the trapped air between layers of your garments provides better insulation than the garments themselves.
- You regulate your own comfort by adding or removing layers according to the weather conditions and to your needs: wearing several layers gives you the option to open or even remove a layer before you get too warm and start perspiring. In addition, it allows you to add a layer when you get too cold. Going layered allows you to successfully accommodate differing levels of activity, changing temperatures and weather conditions where appropriate.
- You can even increase the level of protection, simply by layering! A higher level of Arc protection can be obtained by wearing different arc garments together. Given our wide range of products offering ARC protection a lot of garment combinations are possible. Those combinations have been put together in a comprehensive and clear configurator where you can see which garment combination gives which level of protection. At Sioen we have an easy “arc configurator” that guides you in your choices.
Layer like a pro
In our new catalogue, you’ll distinguish 4 layers, each with their proper function:
- Bodywear - base layer (or underwear, T-shirts): keeps you dry, and wicks perspiration from your skin. These garments should “hug” your skin. This will avoid making you look too bulky, but more importantly, will allow the engineered fabric to do what it’s made for: keeping you dry, cool or warm.
- Thermal wear (or insulating layer): keeps you warm and retains body heat. Includes fleeces, softshells, pullovers, body warmers you can even wear separated and liners.
- Workwear: (or intermediate layer): keeps you protected. For our Multi-norm range, we’ve engineered lifesaving workwear that combines optimal multi-norm protection and wearer comfort at the same time. All garments correspond to the latest standards with regards to safety risks in day-to-day work environments: protection against flames, welding sparks, arc protection, anti-static, chemical splash protection etc.
- Rainwear (or shell layer): shields you from wind and rain and other hazards. Jackets, coveralls, bib&braces, aprons, waders, that shield you from external factors and can be exposed to severe conditions. This layer will protect you from harsh weather conditions like wind, rain, hail or snow and from work related hazards such as accidental flames and electric arc flashes, chemicals etc.
Keep these simple, yet vital recommendations in mind:
- Don’t underestimate the importance of bodywear.
- More isn’t necessarily better! Always choose quality before quantity. Our garments are made of the best quality performance fabrics. Designed to fit the purpose.
- Stay dry.
- Keep active.
- Never forget to have all layers available on the job, because you can’t put on anything you didn’t bring with you!